Characterized by lovely beaches, great surf spots, cliff views, and rolling hills, Encinitas is home to approximately 60,000 lucky residents.
Downtown Encinitas is the coastal shopping district offering quaint shops, sidewalk cafes, and fantastic restaurants to both residents and visitors alike. Enjoy short bike rides to any of the beautiful beaches that line the Encinitas coast. Encinitas is home to world class surfing and plays host to surfing events throughout the year.
North San Diego County Coastal Community of Encinitas
The city of Encinitas was incorporated in 1986 from the neighborhoods of Historic or Old Encinitas, New Encinitas, Olivenhain, Leucadia and Cardiff-by-the-Sea. These 5 communities have retained their distinctive identities:
– Old Encinitas: a small beachside area featuring a mix of businesses and eclectic homes sizes & styles
– New Encinitas: a newer area which has many shopping centers, larger tract homes and a public golf course called Encinitas Ranch, which offers championship golf with ocean views at special rates & privileges for Encinitas residents.
– Olivenhain: a rural community in eastern Encinitas filled with primarily upscale single-family homes with acreage with lot ranging from 0.5 acres to 5 acres and a vast network of trails for both walkers and equestrians.
– Leucadia: In 2003, the creation of Leucadia101 marked the start of a Main Street revitalization effort of Coast Highway 101, between Encinitas Boulevard to La Costa Boulevard, featuring a Certified Farmers Market every Sunday, restaurants, unique stores and art galleries.
– Cardiff-by-the-Sea: Encinitas’ southernmost beach community with it own zip code is located between Old Encinitas & Solana Beach and features world famous surf spots of Cardiff Reef and Swamis and the San Elijo Campus of Mira Costa College.
Golf enthusiasts can take advantage of Encinitas Ranch Golf Course, a championship golf course offering panoramic ocean views and La Costa Resort and Spa which is just minutes away from Encinitas. The luxurious resort offers the finest in hotel accommodations as well as two 18-hole championship golf courses which are also stops for the PGA tour.
It is no wonder that Encinitas is nicknamed the Flower Growing Capital, since its largest industry is the growing of flowers, particularly poinsettias. The oceanview gardens of the Self Realization Center are both beautiful and tranquil. Nature lovers can enjoy the San Elijo Lagoon Reserve, the San Diego County’s biggest coastal wetland and the Quail Botanical Garden with an Amazon Rainforest and the largest display of bamboo in the world. Cardiff State Park is a perfect place to enjoy oceanfront camping.
Encinitas offers a small town, beach community feel while being situated close to major freeways. With awesome beaches, incredible surfing and beautiful weather year around, Encinitas is a perfect place to call home.
Find An AgentWhat’s Your Property Worth?Accessibility (ADA) PolicyShareholders
About UsGenerosityLeadershipAgent CareersReligious FreedomNotice for California ApplicantsAARE – Real Estate is an E-Verify employerView State LicensesTexas Real Estate CommissionTexas IABSNew York Fair Housing NoticeNew York Standard Operating Procedures
AARE Real Estate Services888-322-4368888-32-AGENTinfo@aare.com
California COVID-19 Rules of Entry
© Andrew Arroyo Real Estate Inc. doing business as AARE, a licensed real estate broker, and Ensure Lending, a licensed loan originator.